Monday, June 2, 2008

Thing #7 (The Google Experience)

Google for President!

My two favorite tools were google notebook and google earth. Google notebook is just about the handiest research tool I have ever seen. I have cut and pasted URLs into word documents before when researching, but the notebook makes it so much easier. I want to see if there is a way for my students to use it, we do several research projects through the year, and the kids always have a lot of trouble keeping up with the webpages they visit.

Google earth is just fun to use. But I did think of practical uses. One of which is for their "immigrant" city research project. Using google earth I was able to find one of the tiny cities they students research and could see what it was close to. It also had restaurants, and the kids will get a kick out of how small it is compared to Houston.

1 comment:

VWB said...

city immigrant project sounds intriguing...hope you will have reason to write some more about it as you move thru the activities

BTW..you sre look cool and comfortable in your little avatar garden!