Monday, June 9, 2008

Thing #10 (The Image Experience)


ImageChef.com Poetry Blender

This really is fun! I quickly wrote the Haiku above and added it to the image from Flickr I found before. We do a poetry unit toward the end of the year, and the poetry blender and shape poem creator will both be fun for the students to try. (These are from http://www.imagechef.com/ which was my favorite of the sites.)

The smiley generator page is cute, but it is not as professional as the other sites. And the "Kid Friendly Image Generator" may be PC, but it is not nearly as easy to use as the other sites. I tried to use the "Etch a Sketch" and had to stamp and restamp in order to get it is the right place.


I think the students will have a good time playing with these, and we will make badges and trading cards at the beginning of the year. The magazine covers would be good for famous Texans reports. But mostly I think that I can make images to use in flipcharts, my other big summer project. Without curriculum right in front of my I can't really picture what I will use all of these fun things for, but having them in my toolbox will be good when school starts again.

On a personal note I think that I could make some grandparent gifts, always a plus when you have a small budget!

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Your image intrigued me enough to go back and try the poetry generator. Sigh. I think I may spend the summer on the computer.

musicislife said...

Congratulations on your animated image! I wasn't brave enough to try that, but you may have inspired me. thh