Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thing #8 (The RSS Experience)

I have never been an internet junkie. I have always had an aversion to sensory overloads, and the internet falls into that category. Too much information in too tiny a space (the computer screen), and I have always liked being able to touch what I read. But I think that my rejection on internet news and talk has ended, thanks to RSS.

What an amazing, no-brainer someone came up with. I spent more time yesterday poring over blogs and websites than I have in the past 3 months combined! I have been touting its praises to anyone who would listen, and trying to get others to sign up. One of the most useful things is that I can check in on my own blogs without having to go to each page separately and scroll through each post.

But the very best part is how smart I feel. I can talk about my "reader" and RSS and other look at me with awe (or at least look at me with something). That's a nice feeling, to be up to date, and perhaps even ahead, on the game.

No comments: