Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thing #6 (The Mash-up Experience)


I have tons of thoughts about how to use all of these activities.

I liked the Flickr Color Picker. I thought I could use those pictures to do some adaptations examples. The students could hypothesize about where the flowers/animals are from, why they adapted in the way they did, how it is helpful and how it is not.

The FD Toys' site had a lot of things that I thought would be fun to use. The sunset times would be great for our moon unit. The magazine cover would be fun for their famous person reports, and a little more exciting to them than the word template. Everyone will love the trading cards, especially if they have defined fields to add and then share with their friends. I think I'll also have them make badges, much better than sticky nametags!

I also really liked mappr. I almost wished I taught US or World History, because there are some really cool things to do with big maps.

3 comments:

VWB said...

that is an awfully pretty pink flower in the middle of all those beautiful bluebonnets.

And I agree...all those fun things can make you want school to start back...almost!

Naletta Galbraith said...

I thought the same thing about the famous Texan project. Great minds think alike!

Unknown said...

I'm actually stuck in a history rut, that is the only subject I have any ideas for!