Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thing #2.2.2 Glogster and Voicethread

I didn't really love glogster, but I think it was because there were no clear directions (I had trouble getting a link to work and my video and pictures wouldn't load, even after I resized). Some of the examples were very cool, and I think that I will use this as one of the options for students to show what they have learned from their research. I will just have to make sure that the students have pictures and whatnot saved before they start the project, that will make using the program easier.



I didn't make a voice thread, but I do like the implications. I can see this being useful as they work on their research projects as well. Since the class will be divided into 2 or 3 groups, they could find pictures and make comments about what they learned. I also think that I will share this with our art teacher. The kids could comment on one another's work, or on famous paintings that follow lessons, and parents could see and comment as well. Given exact parameters, ie discuss how you feel the student/artist used color in this painting, this could be used very constructively. I think that I will take pictures throughout the year and start a class "scrapbook" and let them comment on the pictures and what they were doing at the time. How priceless will that be?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's another idea for Voice Thread: post an exemplars problem, or other word problem, and let the kids talk about how they would solve the problem.