Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In my free time

I kept a wiki for the class last year, and this summer thought that I would take the PBWorks "summercamp" in an effort to improve my wiki skills. (And I get a premium wiki if I finish, and maybe continuing education credit, I'll try anyway.)

The following wiki is an example used in our homework for this week. It is exceptional, for many reasons, but I thought you all might be interested in it because it is very collaborative. The students used tons of technology, some we have learned about here, and some new (the comic strip generator was of special interest to me), and they had to comment about their work and others throughout the site. The kids are fifth graders, and they are collaborating and creating, just like the video said! Take a look through the wiki--I think you will enjoy it.

Mr. Boyer's Class

3 comments:

Mr. Boyer said...

Krystal-
Thanks for taking the time to visit our classroom wiki. I am one of the mentors for the summer camp this year and read your responses to the questions on your homework.

We have tried to make this a place where students can showcase their work, as well as keep parents updated as to what is going on in their child's classroom.
I appreciate your willingness to share technology resources with your collegues and other teachers. That makes the integration of technology infectious.
Feel free to drop by anytime. Maybe we can collaborate in some way down the road.

Damon

Liberry Lady said...

Awesome wiki. The science page alone was amazing. Have we learned about Bubbleshare yet? Very cute. Thanks for sharing!

atxteacher said...

Thanks for posting the link to Mr. Boyer's wiki. Wow! I wasn't a big fan of Glogster, but I love the front page he has. It's more visually exciting than the home page of my boring wikis!

I applaud you for spending your summer pursuing professional development. Good luck with your PBwiki summer camp!