Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing #23 (The 23Things Experience)

I am very glad that I signed up to take this class. I have learned so much, and finally feel smarter than my husband about what is hip and cool!

I have gotten my family on Flickr, and learned to make photo books and online scrapbooks. I have created a class blog, and wiki, and writeboard. I have also make a wiki for my family, but being old codgers most of them don't want to do it. I have gotten a little more interested in social networking, mostly to stay in touch with family, but also reconnected with some old friends. I check my RSS several times a day, and have gotten rid of Office on my home computer for Open Office. (I also use firefox now, but that doesn't have anything to do with the 23 things.) I have armed myself with an arsenal of fun and interesting things to put on my blasted flip charts, and feel ready to wow a bunch of almost jaded 9 year olds.


Here is my one word to sum up my experience: empowering. Anyone can take control of the technology out their and fit it to their world. I may not be a total techie now, but I do feel like I am more able to keep up with the changes going on around me. If there were another class, I would definitely take it.

I will be very glad to see my name on the graduates wall! Thanks for a FUN summer!

1 comment:

VWB said...

Glad your summer adventure proved to be a such fruitful success..all your favorite Things!