Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing #20 (The Video Experience)

I was glad to have some instructions for bypassing the firewall. I understand that there are some things that children should not be seeing (although my kids came in every morning talking about what they had seen on You Tube) and I guess the district is worried about teachers playing online all day instead of teaching, but the firewalls are very annoying.

I found this Bill Nye video on YouTube that I plan on using in a flipchart for an introductory science lesson. The kids love Bill Nye, and he cracks me up too.




This is a video from TeacherTube about simple division. I like how it showed creating a chart and drawing a picture, and illustrated very clearly how multiplication and division are related. This would be good to put on my classroom blog too, just as Mr. Thompson used it.



I'm excited about using these, especially as I dig in to creating my flipcharts.

2 comments:

VWB said...

Did you convert the TeacherTube video because it looks like it is still blocked...maybe i'm not reading you correctly...remember there is that site called zamzar where you can convert any YouTube video so you can show it in district!

Unknown said...

I did not convert them because I was using my home computer and didn't even think about them being blocked. I just liked knowing how to unblock them--which I will try now and repost.
Thanks.